Views: 3 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-04-28 Origin: Site
Molybdenum sputtering targets, ie molybdenum targets, are usually formed by sintering molybdenum powder. Molybdenum sputtering targets can form thin films on various substrates, and such sputtering films are widely used as electronic components and electronic products. With the rapid development of the flat panel display industry and the photovoltaic industry, the demand for molybdenum sputtering targets is increasing.
1) In the electronics industry, molybdenum sputtering targets are mainly used in electrodes and wiring materials for flat displays, thin-film solar cells, and barrier materials for semiconductors.
2) In the flat panel display industry, one of the main market applications of molybdenum sputtering targets is in the field of TFT-LCD.
3) In the new energy industry, the application of molybdenum sputtering targets in thin-film solar photovoltaic cells is also increasing. The molybdenum sputtering targets form CIGS (copper indium gallium selenide) thin-film battery electrode layers by sputtering.
The molybdenum sputtering target can form a thin film on various types of equipment. This sputtered film is widely used as electronic components and electronic products, such as the widely used TFT-LCD TFT-LCD (thin film transitor-liquid crystal displays, thin film semiconductor tubes LCD), plasma display, thin film solar cell, sensor, semiconductor device, etc. Research has shown that LCDs will continue to develop rapidly in the next few years. The market prospects for molybdenum sputtering targets are very broad. The demand for molybdenum sputtering targets will continue to increase, and the utilization rate of molybdenum sputtering targets has raised higher requirements.
There are two ways to improve the utilization rate of molybdenum sputtering targets:
1. Realize the replacement of sputtering equipment
In the sputtering process of molybdenum sputtering target materials, the target atoms are hit by hydrogen ions, about one sixth of the sputtering atoms will be deposited on the inner wall of the vacuum chamber or the bracket, increasing the cost of cleaning vacuum equipment and downtime . Therefore, the key to improving the utilization rate of the target material is to realize the replacement of the sputtering equipment.
2. Tubular rotating targets instead of flat targets
Compared with the planar target, the design of the tubular rotating target structure shows its substantial advantages. In the geometric structure design, the utilization rate can be increased from 30% to 50% of the planar target to> 80% of the rotating target. Moreover, since the rotating target rotates continuously during the sputtering process, no re-deposition phenomenon occurs on its surface.